Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Elevations, hotlinked module, extra composite appeared

Evaru
Contributor

Hi!

I am working on a main model that has three buildings in it and the separate buldings are hotlinked in. I drew in a foundation plan for one of the buildings and then relinked it into the main model. This messed up the elevations, but I have managed to fix it. 

The only thing is in the foundation plan of the main model there is a composite slab layer that says it is from the bulding model hotlinked in, but in the separate building file that composite slab layer is not there. I have no idea what to do about it, its also on the wrong elevation. I just cant find it in the hotlinked file to move to the right elevation or just delete it. I dont know where this composite came from. Any thoughts on what I have done?

composite.PNGno composite.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Evaru
Contributor

I found the solution! The composite from the hotlinked file had the same name as a composite in the main model, and I suppose the composite was overidden by the main model so it appeared to have multiple layers when it should have been just a simple concrete slab.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Miha_M
Advisor

Check the renovation filter and the composite slab status (exiting, to be demolished, new) in the hotlinked module.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Hi,

I checked every renovation filter and the composite slab never showed up in the hotlinked module. In the main drawing where it ishotlinked to it is under new.

Any chance that you have this composite in one of the other hotlinked files?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Solution
Evaru
Contributor

I found the solution! The composite from the hotlinked file had the same name as a composite in the main model, and I suppose the composite was overidden by the main model so it appeared to have multiple layers when it should have been just a simple concrete slab.

Another thing you could try is to use the IFC Project Manager.

Activate the composite slab and remember a sequence of the Tag (attributes), which is the unique ID. Then search for this through the IFC project manager UI in all the models. Don't forget to turn off the layer visibility filter.

Miha_M_0-1655467849297.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Evaru
Contributor

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me 🙂 @Miha_M 

Yes, this is a rule when working with Attributes in Hotlinked Modules:

When an Attribute in a Hotlinked Module has the same name as an Attribute already existing in the Host file, the Attribute definition in the Host file will be used (the Attribute definition in the Hotlinked Module will not overwrite the Attribute definition already existing for that Attribute name in the Host file.

This is why it is very important to work out a good Hotlinking strategy to keep attributes in all those files synchronized.

The Graphisoft Learn Portal offers a Workflow Guide for Hotlink Management if you are interested (it is free if you have SSA):

https://learn.graphisoft.com/visitor_class_catalog/category/8918

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I will definitely take a look at that, thank you!