BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting from plotmaker to autocad

KeesW
Advocate
I am trying some serious exporting of a project and envy those of you who have no problems. I've created a project of 8 A3 drawings, and am publishing it in plotmaker. Wanting to export it as a DWG, I've applied the standard translator and followed the instructions very carefully (I think). Opening the drawings in Intellicad (my autocad clone), gives me a black screen showing nothing. Aha, I thought, maybe it should be in Paperspace. Going back to the translator, the Save Option only gives me Model Space and Linked XRef drawings - no paper space. Where is it??

What is really demoralising, is that the Step by Step tutorial plotmaker drawings, after I have followed exactly the same Plotmaker publishing techniques, import faultlessly into Intellicad - automatically into paper space! It also includes a Paper Space Save Option in the standard translator.

What am I missing?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Plotmaker exports your drawing in paper space. If you do not have Autocad you will not be able to see them, but that doesn't mean it hasn't published them.

When you are publishing them check your convertor, you can set the autocad file version and the units (mm, cm, etc).

Paola
Eduardo Rolon
Remeber that Intellicad is compatible to AutoCAD R14 so in order to see the paperspace you have to type tilemode in the command line and change the parameter from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1 and that will take you to pspace and the drawing
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Ace
ejrolon wrote:
Remeber that Intellicad is compatible to AutoCAD R14 so in order to see the paperspace you have to type tilemode in the command line and change the parameter from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1 and that will take you to pspace and the drawing
The parameter is a variable called tilemode; if 0 you are in modelspace, if 1 in paperspace. Type it on the command line, change and see. Zoom extents after that usually helps to see something
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Eduardo Rolon
Thanks Djordie I was just too lazy to open AutoCAD to verify its default setting
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!