BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

File conversion and use problems - help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm a student and have been using Archicad for about a year and a half. I'm using a late model Mac running OS X 10.3. I used to run (and still have loaded) AC 7.0, but I'm now using AC 8.0. Both are student versions.

Here's my problem. Our school machines have AC 7.0 (full, professional version) loaded. We have a class file converted from an Autocad DWG file into a 2D Archicad file that opens and works just fine on the school machines (in AC 7.0). It's just a 2D site plan with a bunch of lines for buildings, contours, etc. Not too complex.

However, when I try to open the file on my machine, with AC 7.0 or 8.0, I can't open it and I get an error message that says "Input file is incorrect or memory full." I have saved and converted the file myself a couple times, and I also occasionally get an error that says "Cannot read plan file."

It seems to me I should be able to read this file and that my student version of the software shouldn't keep me from doing so. Can anyone shed light on my problem?

I'm baffled, and so is my Archicad savvy fellow student.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Djordje
Ace
cary wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm a student and have been using Archicad for about a year and a half. I'm using a late model Mac running OS X 10.3. I used to run (and still have loaded) AC 7.0, but I'm now using AC 8.0. Both are student versions.
This sounds liek a clash with full/student version files.

Check here for more info:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/edufiles.html
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!