BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to add expression-defined properties to component schedules?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys! I need to create a component schedule listing all of the materials in my project and some custom parameters that I created to evaluate sustainability. Simple value parameters I can add without any trouble, but when I try to add an expression-defined property to the schedule, instead of numbers I only see an error "--". When I use the same expression-defined property in an element schedule it always works just fine.
Any idea on how I can solve this?
Thanks a lot!
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think Expression-based Properties will not return values in Component Schedules and Surface Schedules because Properties are assigned to entire Elements, so they are relevant only for the entire Element, and not its Components (which are sub-elements) or Surfaces.
If someone knows better, please correct me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
poco2013
Mentor
AFAIK: Laszio is correct

Expressions are not used in components unless they are set to custom value which would be the same as using a property. The Classification still must be set properly

You can assign properties to Building Materials and. assuming the classifications are set correctly, they will show up in the Components schedule only if that element has that BM. BM's, also, can not use expressions.
A extremely limited feature that ,hopefully, will be expanded in the future?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

That is a very limited function of such a vast data scheme. Assigning cost vales to elements is not a stable way to perform quantity cost take-offs. I'm getting tired of trying.

RD

Learn and get certified!