Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing Excel File, nothing to import?

Andre_Steynberg
Booster
Hi all
I'm having some trouble with the Export Property Values From Schedule / Import Property Values function.
My schedule is setup with properties (as strings, all set to undefined) and a 2D plan view of the object I want to specify.

I can export the Excel file and edit it no problem but cannot import it with the changes I made, receiving the error "Nothing to import. No Property Values are selected or none are valid for import".
I've only edited the fields which say "Undefined" and have not messed around with any of the other headings.

We use LibreOffice so I thought it might be a file format issue, but I've tried editing & saving with Google Sheets & MS Excel and get the same error. Different schedules give me the same error as well.

Its such a simple process with so little steps that I'm not sure where to troubleshoot from here?
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have the exact same issue. I have tried exporting it and re-importing the same generated XLSX file, untouched and I get the same error.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
When you set up properties they can be text (string) or a numerical value. Make sure you have your excel cells set up in the same way (text / value).

Also make sure the properties are assigned to Element Classifications.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
When you set up properties they can be text (string) or a numerical value. Make sure you have your excel cells set up in the same way (text / value).

Also make sure the properties are assigned to Element Classifications.
Hi,

They are strings, and I'm importing strings. And the properties are assigned to element classifications. (I'm adding properties to zones, and they are assigned to the 'space' element classification...It all shows correctly in the zone settings)

The problem is actually that none of the data is making it back into Archicad. Also, interestingly, when I save the error report the spreadsheet is empty... With just the legend showing.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We had some issues with this before and those two things were the culprit I believe.

I also recall some issue with the schedule being a saved view, but not currently having the correct settigns for the view. You see a (!) on the tab if this is the case.

Do you have any 'standard' fields like element ID or zone number in the schedule as well? We ussually have these kinds of mass import / export schedules for zones and those work well.

Maybe try assigning the properties to all elements (not just zones)?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
We had some issues with this before and those two things were the culprit I believe.

I also recall some issue with the schedule being a saved view, but not currently having the correct settigns for the view. You see a (!) on the tab if this is the case.

Do you have any 'standard' fields like element ID or zone number in the schedule as well? We ussually have these kinds of mass import / export schedules for zones and those work well.

Maybe try assigning the properties to all elements (not just zones)?
Yeah I have the ID's and zone number etc in the schedule, these are all fine when its exported to excel. The excel document has all the correct information. Its the final step of importing the excel file which gives this message 'Nothing to import - No property values are selected or none are valid for import'

I just tried assigning the property value to all element classifications - still nothing. I also tried saving a .PLA and doing it offline.. same problem. The other schedules are also giving the same error.

Thanks for the tips though. I hope archicad can respond to this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I asked Graphisoft support and they said that it was the 'Show Headline' that caused the issue, something to do with empty lines the schedule when this is turned on.

I turned it off, and voila. The Schedule imports fine.
Andre_Steynberg
Booster
Ahh friggin awesome you guys!!
Been scratching my head on this so long as its such an awesome feature, thanks for all the input and help!
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Anonymous
Not applicable
So i just had this same issue today on our door schedule. BUT, turning off Headlines did NOT fix it

I was able to export our coded note schedule and and import back in, it is just the door schedule that refuses to work.

Any one have another trick up their sleeve?

Thanks

FYI: running AC 23 4004 on a MacBook Pro with Catalina
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to point out that you will receive the same opaque error message if the objects you are importing to are not reserved.