BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Move from PC to Mac - missing teamwork libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're using AC 18 teamwork successfully with all PCs but I'm looking at switching to mac. Just setup a mac in the office and connected to the server. It opens the project but all the teamwork libraries for the project are shown as missing

If I go to 'Manage bimserver libraries' all the missing are there just as I see them on my PCs

I am accessing the server via a web address leading to my static ip address. IE. http://XXXXX.com:6006

It seems like the teamwork libraries are supposed to be cross platform but maybe not?

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

Thanks, Chris
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I worked with it more today and while I still don't understand why it didn't link to the libraries (they read (unavailable)) I was able to manual link them using the add button at the top.
Barry Kelly
I am not 100% sure as I don't use both platforms.
But I believe it is because the Mac and PC use different server\folder\file paths to each other.
Even with teamwork I think? (I don't use that either).

So the libraries will show in the Library Manager (greyed out as unavailable) because their folder path is not recognised.

I assume you would also have trouble with hotlink file paths as well if you use those.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!