Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Objects are exported to FBX with different names

jc4d
Expert
Hello,

I have a project where the doors have their own element name, but when those are exported as FBX, the names are changed to "Polygonal object". What could be the cause for this?
4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

Unfortunately, FBX export is not my strong suit. Could you please share with me some screenshots of the issue for better understanding?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

jc4d
Expert
Hello,
Here is the picture
jc4d
Expert
mnguyen wrote:
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

Unfortunately, FBX export is not my strong suit. Could you please share with me some screenshots of the issue for better understanding?

Best regards,
Minh
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been full at work.
Here is the screenshot showing the object's name in AC23 (for this example) and then the FBX imported into Blender. As you can see the names are not the same, this doesn't happen with all the objects, mainly with this door.
Since this GDL object was built by someone I'm not sure if there is a mistake in their code that make this to happen, I have some knoledge about gdl so if you can think on some place where I can take a look in the code let me know please.

Cheers,
Juan
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Juan,

Thank you for the information and I apologize for my late reply!

Since this is not an Archicad object, would it be possible for you to send it to me for further investigation? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload it!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT