BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Property Manager - available parameters - Composite structure skins / Building materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know, how to create Expression-Defined Property based on the Skins/Building materials of a Composite Structure?
e.g.: I would like to assign Fire rating value if one skin of the composite structure contains a certain Building material (if a composite contains brick its fire rating value is 30 minute)

Concerning to this question: why are the available parameters are different at the Interactive schedule Scheme settings and at Property Manager?
At the Schedule Scheme Settings there is a "Building Material (ALL)" parameter which lists all the skins...

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
gdford
Advisor
I have noticed this as well.
I was hoping to parse the string of building materials for a composite into individual parameters, but as you also discovered "Building Materials All" is not available from within the expression builder as it is with-in autotext.

My goal is to be able to create a label for individual skins for composite items.
There does not seem to be a lot of BIM in composites as i don't seem to be able to manage the composite skin information very effectively.

Are there any workarounds for this?

Thanks from Texas,
Gary F
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Barry Kelly
gdford wrote:
My goal is to be able to create a label for individual skins for composite items.
Have you tried the "Skin List Lable 22" that is standard in the library.
Or there is also a "Composite Skin Lable #NNNN" that I have just noticed - although I get the feeling this may not be in all language versions?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
poco2013
Mentor
In the General Properties of wall Expressions is a property named 'Composite Structure'(string), It just holds the name of the composite used. If you embed the material name within the composite name such as: 'Brick composite- with wood frame' etc.

Then just use the 'CONTAINS' function to determine if the composite name contains bricks or some other defining material, then set the 'fire rating' property accordingly.

You could also embed the fire rating directly within your composite title then split it out using the 'SPLIT' command.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
gdford
Advisor
The Skin List label list all of the skins as the only option.
Thanks,
Gary
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!