BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Rotating problem with dwg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys. I have a problem with the orientation in the dwg. We rotated our terrain in 260,62, when we save dwgs, they are in different orthogonal projection. Could you help me?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a proper way the dwgs to look like our orientation in archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bump on this post please,

we are having the same issue which is creating a very time consuming and problematic export process involving rotating the model in a seperate .pln when we require .dwg's for external consultants.

Is there a workaround or is this an unforeseen bug?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Well, the export is technically correct with the coordinate system.

As a workaround you could maybe export layout paperspace only.

For proper positioning of project by third parties I would use the survey point object that uses project north and 'world coordinates'.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just export without modifying the model or view, the consultants can rotate the view of the dwg without modifying its coordinates, in AutoCAD they would just need to rotate the ucs simply by grabbing the x or y axis and rotate so parallel or perpendicular to the model and typing the command ‘plan’ and then hitting the enter button twice, a pretty simple process for even the most incompetent of drafter to do.
Engineers and other consultants are very much spoilt by the amount of info we give them for free, when I first started we were drawing by hand and the consultants had to draw their own plan / ceiling plan etc
Regards
Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Scott, I also feel like the know-how and education is lacking with 3rd party drafters these days, but that might be a Dutch issue.

Beyond basic knowledge of the software there is also a lack of basic knowledge of how to read and understand drawings and knowledge of basic building principles.

I'm also getting older of course and there's probably some ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics complaining about the same things
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!