BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Scheduling non existing objects or custom quantity

Anonymous
Not applicable
Situation: A complete interior space has been modelled and all custom objects in that space have been scheduled, plus code has been added to each object with a custom cost parameter to be able to calculate total cost of all objects. The problem now though, is 4000 padlocks need to be added to the total project cost. So is it possible to have the padlock show up in the same object inventory schedule with a quantity of 4000 and not have to be placed 4000 times in the project?

Is there a way to add an object to an object inventory schedule that has not been placed in the project? A HLM would answer this question but not an elegant solution.

or, is there a way to add GDL to an object whereby the scheduled quantity of that object is customisable?

or, is there a way to create an object that has no length, width or height so that those values will appear as --- in the schedule?

Any alternative suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Sounds like you just need to add a custom text field to your schedule.
Then you can type in what ever you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry

Thanks for the reply, I tried that but it only creates a new row (the style is set to records by columns). What I really want is a custom criteria, not a custom field but it seems that is not possible.

I'd like to be able to place one object and have it report a quantity of 4000 so that the cost parameter of that object can be calculated and added to the total cost of the project.

Essentially I'm trying to find a way to calculate ancillary objects that are part of the project but don't need to be modelled or placed on the floor plan 4000 times.

My solution so far is to create a cube 0.1mm x 0.1mm and save as a custom object, change the line types and surface to white so it doesn't show the 3D preview or 2D symbol, then add the cost parameter in GDL, then make 4000 copies, put them on a hidden layer. This works but adds some bloat to the file and slows down plan view if I need to show all layers. Where it doesn't work neatly is that

I could model the object properly to scale so that it reads the same as all the other 3D previews on the schedule but a padlock is very small and with any detail would bloat the file even more. The reason for 0.1mm cube is because it gets rounded to 0, I'd prefer to have the dimensions read as '---' but it seems I can't have an object with no dimension at all.

Creating two schedules and aligning them on the page is also cumbersome and ideally avoided.
Learn and get certified!