BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Standards Checking

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have a method they have employed that constantly checks a file's compliance to a template? I envision something (an utility or add-on command) that checks the file's layer list/combos to a company's template. Other attributes could be checked as well. Not all our projects are teamwork files, so some things are open to modify by our CAD people who are not all that careful or understand all the ways new and wrong layer names are introduced to a file.

In my Acad days (years ago) we sometimes used the "StandardsChecker" or whatever it was called, which was useful, but a little overboard.
2 REPLIES 2
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Hi Jim

I normally do that by using a combination of tools:

- Attribute Manager
- Model View Option combinations
- Translators
- Favorites files
- Library Manager

With the Attribute Manager is easy, you just need to open it and check your current file against your Standard Template File's attributes.

For MVO and Favorites you have to export the file from the Standard Template and then import it in the working file,

for Libraries, well it's much easier if you consolidate them in a server. In that way you can make changes globally to all projects in your office.

All this is manually made.
It would be nice to have them Centralized in the BIM Server. (Wish # 2.038.763.858.245.735.195.348)

hope this helps
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
With the Attribute Manager is easy, you just need to open it and check your current file against your Standard Template File's attributes.

For MVO and Favorites you have to export the file from the Standard Template and then import it in the working file,
Learn and get certified!