BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Teamwork Project preferences are different for different users? help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, we have set up our teamwork project user settings such that I am the "Lead Architect" and my colleague is "Architect". This means that only I am to change the project preference settings. I have changed the unit preferences in my project preference settings so that units are always displayed to only two decimal places.
I saved the project and sent my changes, however my colleague unit settings are still set to three decimal places. Since her user settings are "Architect" she is not able to change her project settings.
Worse still, when she sends something to me and I receive it my settings revert back to three decimal places.
First question - How do I update and lock these settings for all teamwork users so that everyone has the same project preferences?
Second question - Why do my settings change after receiving updates from my colleague? As I am "Lead Architect" surely the project settings for all users should follow my settings?
3 REPLIES 3
Hello,

Have you checked all the settings of your teamwork account or did you choose the name of an account ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not completely sure but if my memory serves right, the other user has to leave the Project, then join again for these kind of settings to take effect.
In any case, it is worth a try.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Hello,

I confirm the words of LaszloNagy, I noted this need to leave the project to update the color and the user avatar. I guess it's the same for collaboration settings
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Learn and get certified!