1. Which type of service do we need?
How many stations are you planning?
The local key for 1-license has one major drawback - it is only available on the computer which is connected to.
10, however, gets more expensive to support - both with and without ArchiClub subscription and you can't divide. Therefore we use 3-lic keys there are more flexible.
2. How can we configure the server?
There are different approaches to this matter. But mostly 3 general ways:
- the physical server in one of the offices - running BIMCloud - another office connects to the server via VPN(free BIMCloud) or BIMCloud paid service.
- 2 physical servers in both - running BIMCloud I'm not sure if its available in the free version but theoretically you can work even when the connection fails and you don't need to download files and changes though internet each time.
- cloud service running BIMCloud - Virtual machine running server you need to set it up. I heard there is this kind of service planned by Graphisoft
3. What type of hardware do we need?
The best will be better
Seriously it depends on form size of the project. Definitely CPU at least i5 and 16GbRAM and decent GPU. This should be fine up to medium complexity. Especially that we observe on AC22 big performance improvement.
If you will set up on local server it's recommended to use a separate computer for BIMCloud. Your specs for the server should be more than enough even for bigger teams.
4. Other things? As software do we need something else besides ArchiCAD and BimCloud/Manager which we can purchase form ArchiCAD or 3rd parties (server software)?
BIMCloud has paid version. I think it costs around 10euro/sit/month.
Definitely, 1GBs LAN is the must and good fibre connection.
I would suggest finding a different distributor in your country.
Whats wrong with AllPlan?