Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Calcs for Calculated & Programmed Area

ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Has anyone come across a way to list the area of zones as calculated AND as programmed? I have a spread sheet with a column that lists programmed areas and calculated areas. I have used the Zone No. line item to manually input the programmed area, which is not allowing me to sum the numbers i've inputted, though works graphically. The zones calculate just fine, as they are intended to. Even if I could manually input the programmed totals, it would help. Any other parameters that can be displayed in the stamp and a schedule that will total? I have attached an example of what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance all.
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the Fields panel of the Schedule, try to enable the "SUM" button for the Programmed Area Schedule Field. When you select the field in the list, it is the second button.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Thanks Laszlo, I tried that and it didn't seem to work. For the programmed area field, I was using the Zone Number parameter so it would show up in the Zone Stamp on the plans. I'm wondering if I need to experiment with some other parameters that might register a sum function.
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, definitely.
The Zone NUmber parameter is a text parameter. Maybe you entered numbers for it, but ArchiCAD treats it as a text, and the Sum function works only on parameters that are numeric.

Maybe you will have to create a new numeric parameter for the Zone Stamp.
I would probably save the Zone Stamp object under a new name and modify that. Should be rather simple if you are a bit familiar with the Library Editor Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
I may have lost my GDL skills, but have been able to cobble together a new parameter for my programmed area. Haven't quite figured out how to get it to show in the stamp yet, but working on it.

Thanks again for your help.
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5