Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

mep modeler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please help, if anyone can...
I am using archicad 15, w/ mep modeller and am using the pre-made inline fan object. However, i cannot orient it vertically; only horizontally; even if i place it on a duct running vertically, it just drops in horizontally.
thanks in advance,
PC
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Paul:

What is the actual name and MEP object type you are using?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,
its the Tubular Inline Fan 14.
thanks
pc
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Paul:

I took a look at this object and there are no rotation parameters. You have a few options:
1. If you know GDL, add a rotation parameter to the 3D Script of the object.
2. Without GDL, create a new object by viewing it in the 3D Window from the desired top and use the Save 3D Model as command; in the Help files see Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Graphic Creation of Custom Objects > Saving 3D Models as Objects.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David, I will try this trick before i leave the office tonight. Will be a huge help to my model if it works!
I will also update my profile, you may not be thrilled to see we are a PC office...

happy thanksgiving!
paul
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Paul:

I tried method 2 and it worked, but the new object is a standard ArchiCAD object, not a MEP object, so depending on your needs this may or mat not be a solution. Method 1 is possible, but due to the complexity of the MEP objects I don't know if all of the functionality is correctly retained.

Happy Thanksgiving (I am thankful I don't use PC )

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I think the problem with MEP objects is that the rotation has to be described with trigonometrical functions, because the connector always refers to the 0,0,0 global, no matter where is your cursor.