Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Client not able to edit DWG

Aussie John
Newcomer
A client is having trouble with my DWGs

1) cant edit
2) not full scale

The only option of sending him a model space, is flattened. My understanding is by flattening it will come in as a block ie not editable

So I think I should use Save as paper space with cropped data and use the scaling function. Unfortunately I dont have a copy of Autocad to see the result.

Normally to consultants I just use the standard translator and they seem to have no problem.

What a people finding are the best settings to use and any tips for the end user who is not an autocad wiz.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
1 REPLY 1
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Maybe nobody is responding because.....your client needs to learn how to use AutoCad? Scaling is one of the more rudimentary things an AC user should know, as is exploding.....anything can be exploded, smashed to bits, purged, audited, edited....if they know this little even, you should tell them they are using the wrong software. They will have no problem editing your PLN in ArchiCad.

What specifically can they not do? Do they know what drawing units they currently work with? Do they get better results from your floorplan-exported views directly - using save as?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro