cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Column visibility in 3D when walls are made not visible

PJD
Contributor

I have a timberframe screen room in my project.  I am trying to display only the timberframe (columns, beams and rafters) in 3D.  When I turn on only the Timberframe layer the walls that are framing in the columns, although not visible, look like they have cut the timbers so that I don't see the full timber columns. 

How can I get the columns to show as a full column?At the base of the posts and the  2 posts  in the middle that extend to create the upper dormerAt the base of the posts and the 2 posts in the middle that extend to create the upper dormer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Layers have a layer group number.

If the layers have the same number, then certain elements will automatically cut other elements.

This group number is saved in the layer combination.

So, it the layer combination that turns the wall layer of, make sure the wall layer has a different number to the column layer.

In the layer combinations where both layers are on, if they have the same number they will trim, if not they won't.

So it is up to you and your settings in the layer combinations if you want them to trim or not.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PJD
Contributor

I am using V26

Solution

Layers have a layer group number.

If the layers have the same number, then certain elements will automatically cut other elements.

This group number is saved in the layer combination.

So, it the layer combination that turns the wall layer of, make sure the wall layer has a different number to the column layer.

In the layer combinations where both layers are on, if they have the same number they will trim, if not they won't.

So it is up to you and your settings in the layer combinations if you want them to trim or not.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry.  I knew it would be a simple solution.

Appreciate your time.

Phill