Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Composite structures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to list each skin properties of a complex structures?
I am trying to list insulation volume and surface,
apart from a core of a complex wall ...
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Till now I was unable to discover any method to do this. AC 14 schedule list only entire volume of the composite wall. The one workaround is to export to Calc (OO) or Excel (MO) and there add aditional calculations to get the volume for each skin.

If you use composite walls with insulation skin that goes on top of the slab (see the image), you must add some correctional factors to the volume calculations. In this case: Skin 1...V1=V1/1,03; Skin 2...V2=V2/1,03; Skin 3...V3=V3×1,06; Skin 4...V4=V4×1,04.
Composite Wall Volume by SKINS.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that is a way to get separate volumes,
but workaround is something why people don't like ArchiCAD,
especially when problem is simple like this one...
Anonymous
Not applicable
dasneboja wrote:
...but workaround is something why people don't like ArchiCAD...
Of course ArchiCAD is the worst BIM program there is. Aside from all the others.

I have used most of the BIM programs around (and many that are no longer around) and am at least passingly familiar with the rest. They all have their plusses and minuses but on the whole I find ArchiCAD to be the most productive and reliable of the lot.

Since there is no way the developers can anticipate all our needs or even fit in all the features they want to, workarounds are necessary part of the process and will be for the foreseeable future. One of my pet peeves with Revit is its lack of workarounds.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dasneboja wrote:
Is there a way to list each skin properties of a complex structures?
I am trying to list insulation volume and surface,
apart from a core of a complex wall ...
If you are feeling adventurous you can check out the SQL queries of ArchiCAD.
I think they can get you those skin parameters listed.
Here is an article to start with:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Using%20SQL%20Queries%20within%20ArchiCAD
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I was also looking for long to solve this problem, and as usually it was in front of me

I think tis link gives the easiest solution to calculate volumes and surfaces of composite components.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Listing%20Component%20Data%20of%20Complex%20Structures?highlig...

Best regards,

Edward(Ede)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Of course, how could we miss that?!
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ernest Atanasiu
Advisor
Ede wrote:
Hi,

I was also looking for long to solve this problem, and as usually it was in front of me

I think tis link gives the easiest solution to calculate volumes and surfaces of composite components.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Listing%20Component%20Data%20of%20Complex%20Structures?highlig...

Best regards,

Edward(Ede)

There is one step missing from that explanation: you have to add a new scheme with "Components" as items. Otherwise the components parameters are not available.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I checked also for AC 12 and it appears to be present by default, schedules has two subcategories Elements and Component, if not try to use New & Reset All (Ctrl+Alt+N)

Have fun,

and thank's ?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tnx Ede,
"component" is present by default and it works fine!