Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG and DXF failed to generate in Archicad Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Using Version 9, latest build and I've been attempting to publish my floor plan background (from archicad) to DWG and I get an error message saying the "publishing of the item failed because Archicad was unable to generate it."

I've tried several translators, tried copying everything to a new archicad file... nothing seems to work. The interesting thing is that several of the other views I've published all work out just fine.

Anyone run into this or have any ??
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
The answer is presumably in some difference between the views that work and the one that doesn't. Are there elements in the floor plan background that don't appear in the views that save successfully?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, there are elements in the views that publish successfully that aren't in the floor plan view I'm trying to publish to dwg.

Does this mean I would need to isolate the "offending" object, so to speak? That would be difficult to say the least, unless there is a way to troubleshoot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
slmettler wrote:
yes, there are elements in the views that publish successfully that aren't in the floor plan view I'm trying to publish to dwg.

Does this mean I would need to isolate the "offending" object, so to speak? That would be difficult to say the least, unless there is a way to troubleshoot.
I meant the other way around; are there elements present in the one that doesn't work which are not present in those that do?

The quickest way to test for the offending element(s) is called a binary search. Turn off half of the visible layers and see if it works; if not turn off half of what remains; if it does work turn on half of the layers you previously turned off (yes you need to keep track). This will narrow down to a specific item in a few steps and applies to all sorts of similar situations. (The game of 20 questions is based on this principle.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, Matt, I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure that the file did not translate? The reason I ask is that I receive these same messages when I translate to PDF and the files still translate just fine. Have you confirmed they are not translating?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you sure that the file did not translate? The reason I ask is that I receive these same messages when I translate to PDF and the files still translate just fine. Have you confirmed they are not translating?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, the file isn't being saved anywhere that I attempt to save it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I finally narrowed down the offensive object to be a BMP image that I had imported into my floor plan... I changed to file to tiff and jpeg and it still wouldn' t publish to DWG. However, when put the image on a layer that is turned off (and have the translator set to only save visible layers) the file published to dwg just fine...