Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Default layers are lost

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a lot of unused layers from autocad drawings and decided do purge them, so I went to option - elements attribute - attribute manager and chose to purge unused, and I didnt know it would purge also the default layers like the Wall layer, for example. I wasnt using all the default layers and so a lot of them were purged, does anyone know how to restore them back, or I would have to create each one of them again? It would be terrible I guess because they were already configurated to layer combinations etc...
Could anybody help me?!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can use Attribute Manager to copy back the layers. Make sure you use 'by index' so everything is completely back the way it was.

As long as you have a backup file or template that you used for the project to copy the settings over, you are fine.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can use Attribute Manager to copy back the layers. Make sure you use 'by index' so everything is completely back the way it was.

As long as you have a backup file or template that you used for the project to copy the settings over, you are fine.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
After that you can also restore your Layer Combinations in the same way.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:

Thank you! I didnt pay attention to that right side window, its good to know I can copy attributes from a file to another this easy.