cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule Orientation not showing

Why are the only doors that don't have an orientation of Left or Right hand ( like double doors, bi-pass, etc... showing an orientation, but none of the doors that would have an Left or Right hand orientation not showing one ?

It could be because I have several doors with the same ID that are not the same hand. This is because I tweak the ID's with I can see both the first and second floor schedules on the same screen so I do not give the same door a different ID when it is exactly like another one. ?

2015-11-02_4-52-55.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

2 REPLIES 2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Steve,
Have you tried to use the Element ID manager to assign the unique IDs?
You select them in plan in the order you want them to be. You can still renumber them etc in the schedule, but usually the order is based on plan arrangement.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Yes. I like to do that too. I select the doors clockwise starting from the front door around the exterior and then the around the inside about the same way so there is some kind of rime and reason to the numbering.
But of course when I come across the same door in a different location I assign it the original ID. Of course I will always mess it up a little which is why I do the final ID assignments in the schedules where I can see enough of the parameters all at the same time to make sorting and assigning ID much easier than in plan view.

Then I proceed to the second floor picking up where I left off with the numbering. The problem is with my technique which I may need to change.

The reason the hand/orientation of the doors was not showing is because some of the doors that were not exactly the same but still had the same ID before I was finished sorting and assigning the ID's.

So it is a good thing that whenever this condition exists it will not show an orientation/hand for those doors. It's letting you know that the same ID has been assigned to doors that are not actually identical.

I will have to change my procedures for assigning door ID's. It can be a real challenge if there is no attempt to organize them until you finalize the schedule.

In this case, I went to the first floor plan where the doors were through a bad process, correct and I made a Favorite named for the door ID.

Then I showed the first floor as a ghost story so I could see what doors had been assigned what ID. The I just applied the favorite with that door ID to the matching doors on the second floor.

I am also probably making the mistake of making one door schedule for each floor.

The entire situation stem from not keeping track of the door ID's from the beginning. I just place any door and any window as a place holder until the time for editing them comes along.

It would be much easier if I were not concerned about a rational, uniform, and consistent assignment of the ID's. Random ID's would be very easy.

I do the same kind for organization with windows. I show some little elevations on the same sheet as the window schedules for easy reference for the builder and also I can see all of the windows in elevation as I tweak the window schedules.

http://screencast.com/t/XGieEJOm7Gy

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25