Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule using incorrect Zones

Wokka
Contributor
We have a large development with each room assigned an independant zone name and number. We also have (on another hidden layer) zones showing fire compartments. The schedule is calling up the fire compartment zone in most situations and not the correct real name. Is there a way to sort the schedule to reference only a particular catagorie of zone or some other filter method??

Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wokka wrote:
Is there a way to sort the schedule to reference only a particular catagorie of zone or some other filter method??
A (painful but) workable workaround:
1- Create a new file, and hotlink the original file to it.
2- Put the zones you don't want to take into account on this new file.
3- Hotlink the new file into the original.
4- Delete the hotlink whenever you need to generate the maps.
5- Relink it when you need to document with the new zones.

What you can not do with this method is reading zones insides zones, which is essential for construction planning....
Wokka
Contributor
Thanks guys for all looking into this! In the end it was just easier to explode the fire compartment zones. I thought maybe I was missing something obvious ; )
Still, I'm also having issues with my door schedule picking up walls and curtain wall objects, even though I've filtered it to select only doors....??? I'll raise this in another thread when I get back to my machine..

Thanks again. Sounds like a good idea for a wish re the zones etc
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
KeesW
Advocate
Cadimage's Door and Window Builder schedules allow you to link door numbers to room numbers. Room numbers can be created with the Zone tool. For example, if room number is G23, doors into this room are automatically numbered G23A, G23B, ....etc. Would this solve the problem?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Wokka
Contributor
Yeah, that sounds like it would be a good solution, as long as the door knows which zone to use. ie the room zone and not an overlapping fire zone.
Also, unfortunaltey, the office I'm in at the moment don't use cadimage, though I have my own full version at home.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out on my pc...
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
The overlapping zones may still be a problem. This is one of several issues with zones that needs to get sorted.
KeesW
Advocate
Surely fire zones would be turned off so that only room zones with room numbers are included when door schedules are generated?

I'll try it when I get back to work next week.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Wokka
Contributor
Yes something like that would be logical, but with archicad doors and zones, the assosciation is not logical...?
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW wrote:
Surely fire zones would be turned off so that only room zones with room numbers are included when door schedules are generated?

I'll try it when I get back to work next week.
Zone associations are not layer dependent. It wouldn't make much sense since the zone association needs to be persistent and layer states can change all the time.

It would be nice to have some way to do this though such as a way to create different zone types/classes, but this would require some serious thought as it could be quite complicated if not worked out properly. It strikes me as something that should be part of a larger overhaul of the zones in general.
Barry Kelly
Matthew wrote:
Zone associations are not layer dependent. It wouldn't make much sense since the zone association needs to be persistent and layer states can change all the time.
Are you sure?
I have a text object with a moveable hotspot that shows the zone name of the zone that the hotspot is in.
If I add another zone (different name) in another layer then the object will switch to show the zone name depending which layer I have turned on.
If both ar on it seems to default to the first placed zone.

If I turn the layers of then no zone is detected at all.

I also notice just the other day when playing with exporting data to text files that zones in different layers will produce different outcomes depending which layer is active at the time the text file is generated.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Are you sure?
I have a text object with a moveable hotspot that shows the zone name of the zone that the hotspot is in.
If I add another zone (different name) in another layer then the object will switch to show the zone name depending which layer I have turned on.
If both ar on it seems to default to the first placed zone.

If I turn the layers of then no zone is detected at all.

I also notice just the other day when playing with exporting data to text files that zones in different layers will produce different outcomes depending which layer is active at the time the text file is generated.

Barry.
You're right. I was referring to doors and windows specifically. I probably should have been more clear about that.

Loose parts behave differently. I have used them to create alternate zone stamps for enlarged plans, RCPs, etc. and noticed this behavior. That's when I figured out that I had to make the actual zone stamp go away with the view options rather than the layers.