Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door schedule, how to remove an emty door?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some empty doors in my project and I can't remove the from my door list, I looked under the filters but I can't find how, can some one will be kind to show me how?
Thank you!
Mario Igartua

1.jpg
34 REPLIES 34
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You have to use the Restructure Table command of the Pen Palette.
It is available only if the source of the Drawing placed on a Layout is a Schedule.

See the attached image for steps:
1. Select the Schedule Drawing and select the upper left corner for Anchor point. Then drag the Drawing so its upper left corner is at the upper left corner of the drawing frame on the Layout.
2. Select the Drawing and click the lower right node of it. From the appearing Pen Palette choose the rightmost button in the lower row of buttons. That is the Restructure Table button.
3. Now drag the lower right corner of the Drawing to the lower right corner of the Drawing Frame (or a bit higher to make sure the Drawing Title also fits onto the Layout).

The Schedule is recalculated and what was a long row will now become 2 or 3 rows of Schedule. You can play with the Row heights of the schedule (make them a bit smaller) to make sure 3 rows will fit.

In the attached image I have one long column so it will make it into 2 columns but it works the same way.
That's it.
RestructureScheduleOnLayout.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow!
Thanks so much Laszlo, I am very grateful,
I have my window list and door list that fits perfectly in my layout,
Thank you again!!!
But, what happens if in case that the window list is very long and doesn't fit in the layout? how can I split the list in 2 or 3 layouts? (I'm working in another big project and have lots of diferent windows and doors).
And one last question, what to do if 2 doors of the same id,size,type,name,etc. show in the list in a separate row?
Mario Igartua
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rucailo wrote:
Wow!
Thanks so much Laszlo, I am very grateful,
I have my window list and door list that fits perfectly in my layout,
Thank you again!!!
But, what happens if in case that the window list is very long and doesn't fit in the layout? how can I split the list in 2 or 3 layouts? (I'm working in another big project and have lots of diferent windows and doors).
And one last question, what to do if 2 doors of the same id,size,type,name,etc. show in the list in a separate row?
Mario Igartua
You are welcome.

If your have a list that is very long then currently ArchiCAD is not smart enough to split it into several Layouts.
In this case what I would do is I would create two or three Interactive Schedule Scheme settings and introduce additional criteria, for example one of these Schemes would will all Doors on the first and second floor, the next: all Doors on the third and fourth floor etc.
The idea is to introduce enough criteria so that the largest Door Schedule will be small enough to fit on one Layout.
Of course, you can also increase the size of the Layout, if that is a possible option for you.

The other question: When you see the Schedule, you have the vertical panel on the left containing settings. At the top check the "Show uniform items as a single entry" checkbox to handle this problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thnnaks Laszlo, I still have my doubts with the criteria precedure, it seems complicated, I still don't understand it very much, can you show me how to put the criteria showing doors in 1st. or second floor? I think I will understand it better,
Thanks for your time and patience,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This will list Door only on the First and Second Floors.

Then you should do another Scheme (possibly by Duplicating this one) which lists Doors on Floors 3 and 4 etc.

If Doors on Floors 1 and 2 still gives you a large list, then list only Door on Floor 1 etc.
DoorScheduleByFloors.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I'm getting it now, I think I just need to practice more with criterias.

There is one thing that I can't do which is in my project I have some doors that are Store entrance doors (the leaf is glass, frame aluminum) and also have internal doors which are wood paneled doors, I can't find the way to show what material each door has in the door list,
any sugestions?
Thanks again!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
rucailo wrote:
Actually ArchiCAD 12 is able to split interactive schedules or project indexes (only ) over multiple layouts automatically.

You just need to restructure your schedule drawing, then enable 'Split Drawing among Multiple Layouts' in the Frame panel of the Drawing's settings.

This will show you tiled pages for the one layout and list the number of pages in the Navigator/Organizer. You can navigate between the pages using the 'Go to layout...' button or the 'Go to Previous/Next Layout' buttons at the bottom of the layout window.

Note that the tiled layouts shown in the layout window is indicative only. It will always show three layouts, no matter how many you really have.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Link,
Another great thing that I just learned!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rucailo wrote:
Thank you Link,
Another great thing that I just learned!
Me, too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo,

I thank you very much for all your help,
And, knowing that you have lots of experience and knowledge in this matter, I still want to ask you this:
There is one thing that I can't do which is in my project I have some doors that are Store entrance doors (the leaf is glass, frame aluminum) and also have internal doors which are wood paneled doors, I can't find the way to show what material each door has in the door list,
any sugestions?
Thanks again!