cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Expressions and Library Part Parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've read that this wasn't possible, but just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding or if there's another solution. Using a standard archicad library swing door. I'm simply using the dropdown to change between single and double leaf for wardrobes. Is there any way to convert this information into numbers to have it count each door separately?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately we can't access actual parameters in an object in property expressions.
If we could it would be a simple ...

IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, ValueIfFalse )

i.e. 
IF ( gs_door_optype = "Single Leaf", 1, 2 )

But we can't do that.

Computer says "No".

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately we can't access actual parameters in an object in property expressions.
If we could it would be a simple ...

IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, ValueIfFalse )

i.e. 
IF ( gs_door_optype = "Single Leaf", 1, 2 )

But we can't do that.

Computer says "No".

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That sucks. I suppose I'll have to work around it by using ids and/or drawing in individual doors. Let's hope I don't waste too much time working around it, and that they address it soon
Barry Kelly
Rather than using the ID (you might want that for its intended purpose), you can associate a property for the number of doors to the door objects.
It means you will have to fill it in manually but you would have had to do that for the ID anyway.
You can set the default as "1" and then you only have to alter the values for double doors.
Now you can schedule this property to get your door count.

You may even be able to change the property from a schedule as well.
Set up a 'dummy' schedule showing just the door plan or elevation and this door number property.
make sure the 'Merge uniform items' is off.
This will give you a quick way to check if the property has been set correctly.
If you can't change it directly in the schedule (I have not tried this so I am unsure), you can use the select in plan or 3D option in the schedule to select the door so you change the property.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's essentially what I've done with my vanities, associating custom properties such as drawers, taps, etc for more control and easier to understand (sort of). It definitely was editable through the schedule view. Was really hoping not to have to double handle stuff but if it has to be done, then it has to be done haha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, does the cadimage window/door addon solve or address small things like this? I've read it works with interactive schedules but have yet to try it.
Barry Kelly
Andrew wrote:
Also, does the cadimage window/door addon solve or address small things like this? I've read it works with interactive schedules but have yet to try it.
I can't say as I don't use any Cadimage add-ons.
Basically all you need is for your door objects to have a numeric parameter that sets the number of doors or one that keeps track of the number based on other parameter settings.
Easy to do if you have your own door objects and can edit the scripts.
Not so easy if you are using 3rd party objects.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi - our objects do work with interactive schedules, but won't really solve your problem either due to the inability for expressions to work with Library part parameters.

You can schedule the parameters 'nLeaf_R' & 'nLeaf_L' which will give you the number of left and right leafs in any given door, but to get a total (which, I gather, is what you're wanting) you'd need to add those all together after the fact, since an expression can't access that data.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200