Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How do I generate quantities take-off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where do I begin to have A10 generate a bill-of-materials and door and window schedules?
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
jocontreras wrote:
Any news on this book? It is supposed to help.
This book is now available since few days in English version.

The french version was since november.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great!. Has anybody tried it? Want some feedback before I buy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do…

The English version is too fresh to find users which really can give a serious feed back on it. The french version is only available since november then a bit short too.

Friday we will have a meeting and formation in Paris with Eric Wilk. We will be about 22 ArchiCAD users that already bought the books and can share first experiences about this.

The first small feed back on the french version are almost positive and tell the interest in the way to use the data base of ArchiCAD, to link ArchiCAD elements to Excel description, and the way to really personalize this informations.

The most interested french user work almost for individual housing, but not only.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fmr wrote:
...Friday we will have a meeting and formation in Paris with Eric Wilk...
The most interested french user work almost for individual housing, but not only...
Fmr,
I suspect many of the potential North American users would be using this reference to produce info for Single family Residences as well. It would be great if you could give us some feedback/user comments after your friday meeting.

Thanks,
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much. Im looking forward to purchase this book. It is the only area in Archicad that I havent tried. If we can make take offs from our drawings easily, It will be a huge benefit for us. I hope this book easily introduces us (computer illiterates) to the wonderful world of estimating. At least I hope the book has the same sucess as Dwight did with the introduction of his lightworks book to the community.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jocontreras wrote:
At least I hope the book has the same sucess as Dwight did with the introduction of his lightworks book to the community.
I hope too, I use both and just regret to don't have a french version of the Dwight one…
Eric Wilk as really do a great job with this book
Dan wrote:
It would be great if you could give us some feedback/user comments after your friday meeting.
I will do my best to share the french feed back here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just purchased this book from Erik but have not yet received it. To me, the underlying database in ArchiCAD is the last great unexplored mystery. If it can be unlocked, the additional value it could bring to the project would be substantial.

I think this topic follows one of the underlying laws of the universe...."Everything is hard until you know how to do it......then it is easy."

I will post additional info as I get more into it. One last word though. Because of the wonderful job this brain-dead, dumb-as-dirt war criminal of a president has done trashing the dollar, the exchange rate with the Euro is not good. Counting shipping from France, the total Damage for me is $78.42. Let's hope it is worth it.

Gary Bley
Portland, OR
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
I'll also have it next week. We've ordered last wednesday and it didn't arrive yet... I'll post some feedback ASAP, hopefully good ones.
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will try to keep my prommise by giving some feed back from our meeting of french users :

Doing quantity survey need several important job before beginning to have serious result

1— Doing a great and well done 3D ArchiCAD model organized in a rigourous file —by example the Wall "Hot Line" position is
2— Making a good analysis of our own usual quantity survey to perfectly know how many cost each part of building. Then we will can perfectly associate to each ArchiCAD element —Wall, Slab, Object, Roof, Filll…— the good description and prices
3— Then, with the help of the book, you can associate, with "component" and "property script", archiCAD element to get quantity, cost and description.

An important part of the job is done with Excel, to prepare the job —Excel is quicker and easier than ArchiCAD to manage big list— and to finalize it.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
PatriciaLeão wrote:
I'm concerned about what kind of attention should I have on my model, like having separate layers or materials
Our office is exploring this in depth right now. We have discovered a kind of 'secret weapon' for efficient scheduling. We'll post our findings soon on the blog. We are scheduling everything now.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro