Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How do I generate quantities take-off

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where do I begin to have A10 generate a bill-of-materials and door and window schedules?
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
The way use by Eric Wilk on is book is Component and Property associate, automatically or not, to each kind of element of ArchiCAD.

Eric Wilk creates two Yahoo's group —one in french the second in English— to help the owners of this book.
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
andyro wrote:
We have discovered a kind of 'secret weapon' for efficient scheduling. We'll post our findings soon on the blog. We are scheduling everything now.

I hope you can make it a "public weapon" soon! I'm struggling with this key/component/descriptor kind of "inferno". I'm following Éric's book, but as I'm still on the beginning, it doesn't make too much sense for me so far...
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Patricia

Quantity survey is not so easy because you need to create your own database with your own parameters, the book just help you by explaining you the way to do it.
In our french meeting we seen that each way of making building —individual, traditional, modern, office, metallic etc. — need special keys, special component, special description. An universal database is for me completely impossible. Then still usable the way to make it…

Do you join the yahoo's group that Eric Wilk create Especially for the owner of this book in English language here ?
You can find there some helpful files and can post for help here too.

Hope that it helps you to go out from inferno…

PS : A french yahoo's group is here if french is easiest for you.
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Fmr wrote:
Hello Patricia

Quantity survey is not so easy because you need to create your own database with your own parameters, the book just help you by explaining you the way to do it.
In our french meeting we seen that each way of making building —individual, traditional, modern, office, metallic etc. — need special keys, special component, special description. An universal database is for me completely impossible. Then still usable the way to make it…

Do you join the yahoo's group that Eric Wilk create Especially for the owner of this book in English language here ?
You can find there some helpful files and can post for help here too.

Hope that it helps you to go out from inferno…

PS : A french yahoo's group is here if french is easiest for you.
Hi Fréderic,

I was having a "concepts" problem... Now I think I'm getting into the point, 'cause I'm following it step by step. But anyway, I think there could be a real introduction, for instance explaining what a key is and what it stans for. Maybe this is not the place to discuss those book things and surely I'll post on the group. I'm already in there, but all the seven of us are still shut!
Unfortunately my french isn't good enough for technical issues...
Thanks again!
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
PatriciaLeão wrote:
Maybe this is not the place to discuss those book things and surely I'll post on the group. I'm already in there, but all the seven of us are still shut!
Yep
I see it but it is just open since two weeks. But You can really post there and we will try to help you the more quickly and efficiently we can…

The french one open since december is more active.
PatriciaLe_o
Participant
Hi,
it's an old issue, but I guess not much has changed in calculation world in those two years since Éric's book was released.... Is anyone out there using the calculation menu?

I gave calculation another try and read it and calculation guide again. I also gave another look on Rick Thompson's material. Each one of those three focus in one part of the calculation issue better (or not!) than the other. So it was usefull reading them all: one helped figuring out what the other was trying to say.

I managed to do a simple database and can get text list schemes pretty well in this first trial. But I'm not being able to do it in the graphic way. I wish I could do it like showed on Éric's book, so I downloaded their material and adapted their templates. It kind of worked, but the values are not wright! I can't find out WHY it has multiplied by 1,68 the unit price, if on database I left it as 1! The quantities are not the same on text and graphic lists either.
I also don't know why the quantity value has 3 decimals, if I set the units to 2 decimals (my working units are set to 4 decimals and dimensions to 2).

Any help is very very welcome!
Patricia Leão

AC21 INT Full
MacOSHighSierra
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
The Hungarians, a delegation from headquarters, were lighting pitchforks and stabbing each other in shame. It was confusing. They were all called Zoltan.
Akos...it was! 🙂