Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to import texures in 3ds files to Archicad 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been pulling my hair out trying to import materials, colours, textures, etc that belong to 3ds files into AC13.

Once imported, the object looks grey, when I try to change the material, the entire object is changed. How do I do this successfully - I have looked at a a previous post, and it didn't work.

Please help.

Thanks,

Hayley.
12 REPLIES 12
Dwight
Newcomer
No surface material attributes are attached to this file.

So, the model relies on your internal material definitions, not whatever material you initially saw on the site you downloaded from.

Sorry to not be of better assistance.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight,

I am very new to Archicad, so please excuse my ignorance.

Is there anyway to separate the various parts of the image, eg. in other programs it is sometimes poss. to ungroup and therefore change the image. I have tried this, but it obviously didn't work for me.

I want to be able to change the clour of the shade and wire seperately, but would not have a clue how to go about it.

Thanks again,

Hayley
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes is true archicad import 3ds with ambiance and difuse values improper ( to small values for archicad light in opengl ) for good visualisation . You must reopen the object and increase to maximum value in principal window of gdl parameters . So when you reopen the object you will have the corect illumination of the object. An object green in 3dsmax after import in archicad is verry dark