Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Levels

LFBIMMAN
Booster

Hi All, 

Having some problems recently with IFC files from Revit coming in with additional levels to what we have in our Archicad model, which is making my life more difficult as Archicad seems to ignore the items in the IFC on the floors that aren't listed in our ArchiCAD model, unless I create the additional levels in my Archicad model..... Which I don't want to do. 

Is there a way to set the IFC to import the objects to the heights listed in their model (elevation height) & not specific to the floors in their IFC? 

For example my ground floor story is set to 0-3150,      I want the Revit IFC to import anything within that range to my ground floor & not based on the levels in their model. 

LFBIMMAN_0-1720194496158.png

Currently we get these levels come through with the Revit IFC.

LFBIMMAN_1-1720194496160.png

Operating system used: Windows

1 REPLY 1
KenMcN
Contributor

I don’t know any way to limit how the model is imported, but levels in Revit can be ‘turned off’ by the originator if they select the level and deselect the ‘building storey’ checkbox. Sorry, guessing the name a bit as I’m not able to check just now. When that’s done they can still use the level but it shouldn’t export in the ifc. 

Hope this helps

Kenny 

V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max

Setup info provided by author