Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC elements rotates in module

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I have an IFC model from struct which opens fine in AC. I save as .pln and hotlink it into my projekt and several elements are rotated, see attach. Any clue? The lower figure is the IFC opened in AC and the upper figure is the weird one. The arrow indicates a TT-element that seem to have rotated around it's insertion point. Several other similar elements are also rotated. Very strange since the model look really good when I open the IFC. It must be something with the IFC and hotlinking!?
/Mats

2013-01-03 14-33-17.jpg
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
from which program structure was exported?
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's rather troubling. I had trouble a couple years ago with structures imported from Revit doing similar rotations but that was in the initial import and it has not recurred since then.

Wait. I can think of a possible cause. If you already have the profiles existing in the file you are importing to the rotation angles may be different from the source files. I have seen this happen. Try importing to a clean file (hold option/alt to get "New and Reset" under File>Open). If this works properly you should be able to fix things by deleting the problem profiles. They should be replaced from the source on updating. If not you might need to reimport.