cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC export "generate new value" in AC 25

Bidaya
Contributor

Hi everyone

despite digging inside the AC 25 documentation I have an issue I would like to expose.

A sub-contractor asked me to use the "Generate new values" settings for my IFC exports.

He sent me a link to a GS AC 23 help page explaining the method.

I have AC 25 and I don't find the option. The name of the function probably evolved but I don't get it.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
felcunha
Expert

Found the solution:

Just merge your IFC in an empty file. File -> interoperability -> Merge -> merge from local file...

Select your original IFC. When you re-export it, their elements will have new GUID attributed to them.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
felcunha
Expert

What kind of value do you want to generate? Can you put a link to the page explaining the method?

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

My client sent me the following link
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89330/
and asked me to choose the "Generate new values" option which I cannot find in AC25. Thanks for help.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

It seems that this option no longer exists in the IFC Translators Dialog.

I am not certain but there may have been some technical reason for its removal.

My two guesses are:

1. The introduction of IFC4.

2. The introduction of BCF (BIM Collaboration Format) Issue Management workflows, which rely on IFC GUIDs for them to work.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
felcunha
Expert

Found the solution:

Just merge your IFC in an empty file. File -> interoperability -> Merge -> merge from local file...

Select your original IFC. When you re-export it, their elements will have new GUID attributed to them.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

😎Works fine.

Thank you !