Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Importing IFC from Revit 2015 to AC18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to get a model from our structural engineer.
We have shared back and forth plenty of time with no problems.
But - now when he is sending his models I am getting ALL of his level and reference levels, so I get 10 stories or more when I open up the model, and if I import that into MY model it blows everything apart.
He has tried saving it out different ways, and telling Revit not to save out all of those stories - just certain ones - but nothing is working.
Do you guys have any ideas? Is there a step he is missing somewhere? Or that I am missing when I am opening or importing it?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In the last several weeks there were new IFC Add-Ins coming out for Revit. Maybe they are using new IFC Add-In. Or they must have changed some setting when saving IFC.
I know this latest IFC Add-In has a lot more options when Exporting, that might be one reason.
But whatever it is, I would be trying to find out what was changed in the workflow.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am quite sure we and he have all the latest stuff installed.
I know engineer has been on with revit tech support.
How would i go about figuring out change in workflow? you mean with engineer?

I guess my biggest concern is the revit model blowing our model to pieces and adding all the stories in and moving our stuff all over the place.

I think I can deal with whatever else is going on. . . .
Anonymous
Not applicable
is there anyone who can get on a conference call with my engineer sometime or a webex to go over his file and exporting and our importing?
We'd be willing to pay if you can solver our problem.
Im quite sure we're all just missing some button to click or some small step.

I have a subscription to tech support but I think that is just IT stuff - not arhicad help stuff~ is there a number for that?