cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Letter to Cadimage

gpowless
Advocate
info@cadimagegroup.com

Hi,

I will not be upgrading Cadimage products. Instead I will be using Archicad native tools to model with.

In short, I find the upgrade price exorbitant and have found the past upgrades cumbersome to integrate into past projects. As Archicad has come a long way in improving their windows and doors, I no longer have a need for third party tools.

Thanks for your help in the past and good luck.

Gregg Powless
Ontario BCIN Designer
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stress wrote:
henrypootel wrote:
we have seen this and we've heard(read) your comments.
As long as we have your ear......
I've been using D+W since AC10 and have wondered if we'll ever have the option to list doors by their panel size (instead of the rough opening)?
That is to say the Nominal size in AC is the size of the door panel and D+W it's the size of the R.O.
This messes with my AC door schedules. :evil:

Also.... the Support Centre is helpfull, but why no user manuals??
As a U.S. builder, ditto that.
But I'll reiterate: The support help and the speed of it has been great.
EDITED: But maybe what I should be asking, is there a simple work around for the C.I. schedules to show just the door panel size?
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks for the feedback guys - the reason that you can't do this is simply that we haven't had any demand for an option to be able to do it.

I've added it to the feature requests list, so it'll get put in to the tool in some future release.

I'll look into getting a workaround for schedules in the meantime though.

Marc - the support centre has downloadable PDFs available for the whole Knowledge base, so you can get an offline version of them if you like.

Door and Window full knowledge base can be downloaded here:
http://support.cadimage.com/doors-windows/entire-knowledge-base-pdf
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
henrypootel wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys - the reason that you can't do this is simply that we haven't had any demand for an option to be able to do it.
The above seems amazing, but I guess you would know.
Thanks for the the responses.
lec
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The above seems amazing, but I guess you would know.
So far as I can tell - it's not something that is required here in NZ, so none of our local customers have ever asked for it.

I guess anyone else wanting to be able to do it just never got around to asking about it.

It's in there now though.

Stress Co_
Advisor
henrypootel wrote:
I guess anyone else wanting to be able to do it just never got around to asking about it.
Well,.... I did ask back in 2010 (see attachment)
henrypootel wrote:
That's why we spend our time on creating a detailed knowledge base,....
I've found the D+W knowledge base to be inaccurate with out-of-date screen shots of menus with changed functionality.... just saying.

And again... as long as I have your ear.
Any hope of updating the method of selecting a glazing bar grids??
Maybe allow inputing the number of horizontal lites by the number of vertical instead of the width of the grid?

I hope I'm not sounding too negative here.
I really believe D+W is far superior to the windows provided by Graphisoft.
My support inquires have been answered in a timely, informative manner.

I see room for improvement and .... I hope it does improve, .... you know.... so I'll feel better about paying for that next upgrade.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Wow! You got me there!
As I said before, it's not necessarily that no-one has asked for it, it's just that the demand for it seems low in comparison to other requests (for instance, double-glazing, something we just recently added in).

Either way though, based on your feedback, I'm gathering that it is fairly important to at least a few of you though, so I've put a priority on it. I can't say when it will make it into a release, but it's definitely 'on the cards' now...

As for the knowledge base - this was one of the major things that we focused on with the V16 release, as we know that the delayed update that we did for it on v15 caused a bit of confusion (possibly this is what you are referring to?).

With regards to the glazing bar grids - so you want to have the option to set this by a number, rather than simply by the spacing of the bars? That seems like a good idea to me - I'll put it on the list.

Again - my apologies for the panel dimension thing - thanks for your support anyway though!

If anyone does have other suggestions for improvements to the tool, just email them through to support@cadimagegroup.com

Stress Co_
Advisor
Thank you Henry.

I'm sure we (the U.S.) are not a huge market share
(and we drive on the wrong side of the road).

If there were a wishlist/poll in the Cadimage Forum...
I would have posted it there. (hint, hint)
henrypootel wrote:
As for the knowledge base - this was one of the major things that we focused on with the V16 release, as we know that the delayed update that we did for it on v15 caused a bit of confusion (possibly this is what you are referring to?).
For one.... I was looking for the glazing bar/muntins interface and the K.B. had a version 14 screen shot.
Got it sorted out.

Cheers,
Marc
Marc Corney, Architect

Stress Co_
Advisor
henrypootel wrote:
I'm gathering that it is fairly important to at least a few of you though, so I've put a priority on it. I can't say when it will make it into a release, but it's definitely 'on the cards' now...
It's been almost two years..... Any chance this will be implemented in the AC18 release?
Marc Corney, Architect

Takis
Expert
Hi all, I would like to ask what kind of responsibility and commitment do 3rd party Developers have to Graphisoft and to us as their clients.
For example I use to work with cadimagetools Detail Elements since Archicad 12 and all my projects and templates unfortunately (due to Archicad's lack of objects) are based on Cadimagetools tools.
Suddenly Cadimagetools has announced the discontinuation of specific tools that I have been using for years.
And I ask, shouldn't they first get permission from Graphisoft to do so? and what are their responsibilities to us Architects and Engineers as Archicad users.
If somebody knows please answer.
Regards,
Takis
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES DOOR PANEL SIZE PLEASE!!!

lec1212 wrote:
Stress wrote:
henrypootel wrote:
we have seen this and we've heard(read) your comments.
As long as we have your ear......
I've been using D+W since AC10 and have wondered if we'll ever have the option to list doors by their panel size (instead of the rough opening)?
That is to say the Nominal size in AC is the size of the door panel and D+W it's the size of the R.O.
This messes with my AC door schedules.

Also.... the Support Centre is helpfull, but why no user manuals??
As a U.S. builder, ditto that.
But I'll reiterate: The support help and the speed of it has been great.
EDITED: But maybe what I should be asking, is there a simple work around for the C.I. schedules to show just the door panel size?