Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Little drama here with Importing Autocad >> AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I imported an AutoCAD file to Archicad 10 version, I have no idea why the drawing lines from AutoCAD become "Drawing tool" when Imported it to Archicad, so that mean, lines are not editable. But it work all right in AC9 version.

any one have any idea why??
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
How did you import it? (What process did you follow?)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom,

I Just drag the AutoCAD file from window folder. I know I shall open from
File >> Open >> then Open file type as Dwg or
Merge Dwg file.

But I don't understand why Ac 10 won't let me edit the lines when draged from window folder, where Ac 9 would.

Cheers.
TomWaltz
Participant
I think the drag & drop method now creates a link to the DWG instead of placing it as editable elements, but I could be wrong about that.

You could explode the link, which makes everything editable and places everything in the DWG on one layer.
Tom Waltz
Brad Elliott
Booster
I have also on occasion had it happen that when I first import the file I can't edit the lines. If I save the file, close it and then re-open it it opens up fine and fully editable.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
"explode" ah?? oh yeah~!! How come I never thougth of that, ha, thanks Tom, I will try to do that if it's possible, and let you guys know.

Brad, are you also import your AutoCAD file by ""Drag & Drop"" method?

Brad Elliott
Booster
I don't drag & drop. To old fashioned I guess.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro