cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

No project indexes folder in view map? window schedule ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just looking at Eric Bobrow training video and he went to a folder which is supposed to be standard in AC17 called PROJECT INDEXES. It's not there in my view map?

Also, I did get the Window Marker_NCS 17 to show in my floor plan windows and I have used the custom text for each window to enter an ID, in my case I have lettered them sequentially A, B, C....P, but when I open the window full schedule (archicad_library) there is only one window in there and it's not even numbered right, it has a window #1 only.

I guess I could just create my own schedule 2d and text like I have always done and leave the symbols with the ID.

Don't understand why I can't get a schedule that has each window (A thru P)? Same thing with the doors, each door 1 through 23.

All with fields that can be used or not - Basic stuff:

width x height x (thk. for doors)
tempered glass Vs., not tempered
pre hung
Material
Type = elevation of each unit with dimensions
Fields for SHGC, U value, e value, etc.
A field for remarks
maybe door and window detail & sheet numbers

I did my own custom numbers on the door symbols because AC was just numbering all doors that were the same size with the same number.
Would it have given a door a different number if it had a different handel or color specified in the dialog box?
26 REPLIES 26
Eduardo Rolon
As I said in the first post this might be a problem with your Work Environment Settings. If you bought the template from Bobrow you will need to get in touch with him to help set it up again.

If not you can go and reset your work environment by going to Option->Work Environment-> Work Environment-> Tool Schemes and select standard

You should save the current one just in case you have configured shortcuts etc.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
To edit the numbers/IDs you need to read the Help File regarding "Element ID Manager" as Karl suggested. The ID that you show is correct and it should work.

Sending you a link to my schedules using PM so you can import it into your file.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Oops. That should not be Custom it should be ID
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I went in and changed the selection under customize texts from custom to ID number and the marker retained my entered value = A

then I created a schedule from one available under schedules and the window "A" was there but it is called a fixed window in the schedule. WRONG, it's a sliding glass window.

Maybe I should just create a 2d text schedule and enter everything by hand?
Just wondering if this is all worth it? Is there a way to get desired output.

Bobrow didn't cover all this in the training video. He might have touched some of this somewhere else but without a precise index of the videos it's a nightmare trying to find specific information step by step. especially if you need to customize output
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not using bobrow template. only AC17

ejrolon wrote:
As I said in the first post this might be a problem with your Work Environment Settings. If you bought the template from Bobrow you will need to get in touch with him to help set it up again.

If not you can go and reset your work environment by going to Option->Work Environment-> Work Environment-> Tool Schemes and select standard

You should save the current one just in case you have configured shortcuts etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
that should read WS window schedule. Which is the one you use and is not in my list for some reason. How can I get it in there because it looks like it might work?
here is the output from what's available under schedules. It shows my window A, so it looks like you can enter custom text as long as you change it afterwards to the ID setting. I was shocked that this worked and at how convoluted this whole process is. AC definitely needs to put some effort in here. The schedule tool that Eduardo showed me looks like it might work for me, but it doesn't seem to be available....Ugh

Jonathan wrote:
Here is another screen shot showing the id I entered, but karl was saying
(above) that you can't use a custom ID for some reason.
If this is true than how does one get the doors and windows to be numbered in a logical sequence in plan "each door and window needs to have a separate id and be in a logical direction around the plan.

Jonathan wrote:
Eduardo,

Here is a screen shot of my project map tree under schedules.
I tried opening many if not all of these and there didn't seem to be any relation to my numbering? In the screen shot you can see my first window is window A and all the fields are exactly like the one you provided.
I don't see anything in there called ES window schedule?

ejrolon wrote:
JP, the Window Schedule resides under schedules in Navigator Map. Look at the first image I posted it is above indexes. The Markers are the Dimension Marker for the windows.
----
If it helps think of the schedules as MS Excel Tables that pull data from the objects that you choose in the settings.
This tutorial of Bobrow's may help in renumbering the windows: Window Renumbering
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Very helpful. I knew there had to be a way to do this. Now I just need to output the info into a usefull schedule. Eric did this a couple of weeks ago in a training session via live internet connection, but I can't find the recording of it. I'll have to go back and try agian.

Richard wrote:
This tutorial of Bobrow's may help in renumbering the windows: Window Renumbering
JP,
Try going to YouTube and searching for something like "Archicad Window Schedule." There are a bunch of video tutorials there. It's a very good resource for something like this.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, off I go then to the you tube place..., but before I go I can't help mentioning how disconcerting it is that I have no WS window schedule in my navigator view map. Does anyone know how to get that in there? I also don't have the sheet or layout index which is supposed to be standard in the US version of AC17. I was pretty happy with everything until learning that I may have a messed up install of archicad again.

Richard wrote:
JP,
Try going to YouTube and searching for something like "Archicad Window Schedule." There are a bunch of video tutorials there. It's a very good resource for something like this.