cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Objects losing IFC classification and properties when pasted onto worksheets

I want to try a few alternative layouts on worksheets so as not to clutter the model with objects and workshop stories, so I copy-paste these 2D-3D objects onto a worksheet. When I do they lose their IFC classification and properties tied to it. Once they are on the worksheet I can manually reassign them their classification and reset their related properties —it just happens that there are thousands of these and reassigning is not workable really. I could use a separate file for trying these alternative layouts on different stories, which is uglier and sooner or later I would be having to deal with library, attributes and properties management.

Is there any logic to that classification&property loss, or any workaround?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just to clarify: you are talking about elements created with the Object Tool, right?
Because in case of most 3D element types, such as Walls, Slabs, etc. they are converted to Lines and Fills when pasted into a Worksheet Viewpoint and that changes their Classification and Properties as well.
In the case of Object elements, I see that their Classification becomes "Unclassified". I suppose this is what you are talking about?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
furtonb
Advisor
Slightly related: it would be nice to be able to classify "dumb" things like fills, polylines, etc., without having to create objects from them...
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64