Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Round trip support for dynamic blocks

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC17 round trip support for Autocad dynamic blocks works successfully for me. Only problem is if while I'm in Archicad I edit that block, move it around or edit a parameter, it doesn't export back to Autocad as a dynamic block. It loses the "dynamic" part of the block.

Any fixes to this?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I might be wrong but as far as I remember the very reason those dynamic blocks work is because you do not edit them in ArchiCAD so its original state can be restored when the file goes back to AutoCAD.

I am wondering what kind of change causes it to not recognize it anymore. I tend to think moving it in ArchiCAD should be fine, AutoCAD it would still recognize it as the original. Maybe even rotating and mirroring would not break it.
But editing a parameter would.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft said that because AutoCAD won't share coding information with them, or something along those lines, that is why it loses the "dynamic" part of the block.