BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SAF, general questions

bouhmidage
Advisor
Hello,
Can someone explain what is The new saf format and analytic model, presented in archicad 24 ?
The benefits of the tool. Why it's cinsidered a revolution in archicad?
Who uses it, who prepares the analitic model, for what,
When i have a new project, when it comes to the scene, etc
I think It's a little bit dark side in archicad that should be explored and explained well.
Is there any case studies ?
Thanks !
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is the playlist from the Archicad YouTube Channel, which talks about the new features in Archicad 24.
Clips 4 to 7 talk about the Structural Analytical Model features. I think it gives a basic understanding of what it is about, what is its significance, how it works, and how it enables collaboration with Structural Analysis applications:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
bouhmidage
Advisor
Thanks LaszloNagy !
this video serie introduces the concept, without some deep demonstrations, how does it work in a real project, with other softwares, real action
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
One of the videos shows an example of how such a structural analytical model exchange would happen between Archicad and SCIA (a Structural Analytical software within the Nemetschek Group):

I think it gives you a general idea of how it works and how you can use the data received from the Structural Engineer to modify/update your architectural model.
Besides that, I have not found a longer video on the net that would show the workflow in more detail.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!