Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Scripting (Batch file)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Graphisoft and members,

What I'm about to ask here would be a long script of coding, but I believe it is possible to be done with a little bit of help of course!

What I'm trying to do here is to create a batch file to restart the computer (by using task schedule) on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, and then run an auto login script, and run another script with a delay of 3 - 5 minutes to load up ArchiCad 19, and the part I would like to have help with is the next part...

Once ArchiCad 19 started to load, to open the last selected project, then to choose to send and receive all the updates, and to update the hot links for the project, how can I include these commands in a batch script?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
stefan
Advisor
ArchiCAD can be automated, but this requires writing an Add-on (C++).
There are some "events" like file opening that you may use and then most of what you want can be triggered, IIRC.

As an alternative, you may try to steer ArchiCAD as if it were keyboard driven, using OS-specific tools, such as https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
To reboot, put the appropriate command line into a .bat file and set Task Scheduler to run it whenever you need. Find out how to do that
here

Download https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/autologon.aspx
for your autologin.

Use Task Scheduler to run an AutoITscript that runs and automates AC.