cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Surveyor's 3D inofrmation & Z Value

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
Do you guys ever use the 3D information that your surveyor inputs into his DWGs?

Like our surveyor inputs the Z height for each of his contours.
I am wondering if there is a way to use that information in archicad when I am amking my meshes, or not.
19 REPLIES 19
vistasp
Advisor
Braza wrote:
I agree... and with this it could be available before AC13...
Because 13 brings you even more bad luck than other odd numbers? 😉
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
Because 13 brings you even more bad luck than other odd numbers? 😉
You got the spirit Vistasp...
Djordje
Virtuoso
Site Survey for ArchiCAD is available from Vico. Version 11 of course, as for unfathomable reasons the Vico suite 2009 is based on 11 instead of 12.

http://www.vicosoftware.com/downloads/tabid/74019/Default.aspx
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Djordje,
Djordje wrote:
Site Survey for ArchiCAD is available from Vico.
As an add-on?...
Djordje
Virtuoso
Braza wrote:
Hi Djordje,
Djordje wrote:
Site Survey for ArchiCAD is available from Vico.
As an add-on?...
Yep.

Although, it does something else ... connects you to the Total Station for example and you can set any point to be checked on site and/or site point to be checked in the project.

Afraid we are stuck with ArchiTerra ...

... and as for the Constructor, the MEP was also there since the beginning ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Although, it does something else ... connects you to the Total Station for example and you can set any point to be checked on site and/or site point to be checked in the project.

Afraid we are stuck with ArchiTerra ...

... and as for the Constructor, the MEP was also there since the beginning ...
Sometimes I think I took the wrong train...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Hi.
Do you guys ever use the 3D information that your surveyor inputs into his DWGs?

I am wondering if there is a way to use that information in archicad when I am amking my meshes, or not.
Related to this, is there a way to take the metric point elevations from my surveyor and use them directly in my imperial unit drawing? I have the metric DWG xrefed into the drawing, but the elevation points are in metric and I don't know of any method to transfer those values correctly into my mesh.
Barry Kelly
LINZ wrote:
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Hi.

Related to this, is there a way to take the metric point elevations from my surveyor and use them directly in my imperial unit drawing? I have the metric DWG xrefed into the drawing, but the elevation points are in metric and I don't know of any method to transfer those values correctly into my mesh.
Set the working units of your drawing to metric.
Input the surveyors dimension into the mesh and then change back to imperial.
Will this help?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any update on this? I have a DWG from a surveyor, and he says "contours have z value". Can I do anything with this?

I've tried this method before, and it takes too long for me. Is there another way?
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=35180&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=surveyo...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
Is there any update on this? I have a DWG from a surveyor, and he says "contours have z value". Can I do anything with this?

I've tried this method before, and it takes too long for me. Is there another way?
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=35180&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=surveyo...
I eventually was able to make that method work for me. Afterward, my surveyor sent me two DXF files (TIN). One was 3D faces, the other 3D lines. I wasn't able to test them, but maybe your surveyor could send you something similar for you to try?