BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Transferring files to a new workstation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to open up archicad files which I have on a flash drive from work (mac), on my home pc (windows). Im not concerned with the platform switching but with obtaining all the info/library parts i need so that when I open it up on my home computer everything in the drawing is there. Any ideas?

Mike
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
I won't say it's impossible, but it seems pretty unlikely.

I believe you will need to re-point any library or module/hotlink paths every time you move from one platform to another.

The problem is that the two OS's read drive names so completely differently that files never actually load properly without some intervention. Compound that with the fact that Archicad seems to read folders with the old style Apple ":" delimeter instead of "/", it becomes pretty hopeless.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you keep your directories pretty simple (one library, one module folder) it isn't too much trouble. The libraries are particularly easy since the ones in both locations are listed in the history pane of the library manager.
Learn and get certified!