BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Windows 7

KeesW
Advocate
Has anybod tried running Archicad 12 on the beta release versin of Windows 7? If so, how did it go?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
32 REPLIES 32
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just in case anyone is still interested, I now have Windows 7 running as my main OS(as opposed to in a VM as before) and it is very nice. Boots in about half the time that Vista does and runs Archicad beautifully.
Oddly, the ArchiCAD 11 installer completely froze the system to the point that i had to hit the reset button to get it back. After restarting, ArchiCAD 11 itself worked fine though, and ArchiCAD 12 install went without a hitch.
Tried the XP Mode thing and found it to be(as expected) absolutely rubbish in comparison to VMWare.
Still haven't had any need to use XP except to sync my Palm which didn't work in Vista either.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi Josh,Do you know if GS are testing AC 13 on Windows 7 RC?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
no idea.
7 is so fundamentally similar to vista that I doubt they will need to make any changes at all to ensure compatibility.
I've had no problems inv12 whatsoever, and i've been using it in win7 for just over a week now.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Learn and get certified!