cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Zones viewed in Bluebeam Revu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope this is the best place to post this inquiry...

Currently using AC20 & publishing / saving PDF files from layouts, marquee model views, etc... When zones are used, the set area shows up in Revu as a purple transparent fill. These "fill" areas do not get reflected in any hard copy prints from Revu, only on the screen view within the program.

Also, if the PDF file created by ArchiCAD is opened with a different program, Acrobat for example, the "fills" do not get displayed in that viewer.

Has anyone else had this issue arise, and is there a setting within AC20 (or maybe in Revu) to have it not show up in Revu? It's more of an inconvenience than a major problem, but when a client sees them, they get confused. Thank you.

GSNA tech question - Zone fills.JPG
12 REPLIES 12
Brad Elliott
Booster
I had a good email exchange with Bluebeam and established that it is a bug in the PDFTron renderer that ArchiCAD uses to Publish the drawings. If I Print to PDF using the Apple renderer the file publishes and is read correctly by Bluebeam. So the current workaround is to Print to PDF and not Publish if the drawings are going to be read by Bluebeam. Now that our government jurisdiction is using it the local contractors have started switching to it so this is going to be an ongoing issue. I'm going to forward my email exchange on to ArchiCAD and hopefully they will fix this with PDFTron.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brad,
Thanks for the investigation. I will let GRAPHISOFT know about this issue.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have received word about this issue from GRAPHISOFT developers.
So the issue was that in ARCHICAD no default color was assigned to Bluebeam Space elements, so when they were sent to Bluebeam, they were displayed using Revu's default blue color (which cannot be turned off).
In the latest AC21 build (build 6000 - currently in Preview status), this was changed: Bluebeam Space elements are assigned a transparent color, so they will then be displayed in Revu using this transparent color instead of the default blue.
So, this was actually not an issue with PDFTron, although it is true that these Space elements did not get into the PDF files created using the "Print to PDF" command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27