Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Display different zone data in different plan views with the same scale

reidweber
Enthusiast

Hello, I'm trying to display different zone tag information on different plan views. For example I have floor finish information on the floor plan but in a reflected ceiling plan, I still want to display the room name but without the floor finish information. Is this possible without changing the scale of the plans?

Operating system used: Windows 3001 usa full

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I thought that is the reason zone labels were invented, so they can be on layers that are turned on and off as required for different view types.

is there not a zone label setting that works for your different requirements?

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I use this which is brilliant and sounds to be exactly what you require. 

https://www.b-prisma.de/object-shop/product_info.php?products_id=136

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 28 Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
Solution

I thought that is the reason zone labels were invented, so they can be on layers that are turned on and off as required for different view types.

is there not a zone label setting that works for your different requirements?

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)

@AllanP wrote:

Exactly correct.

Use zone labels, not zone stamps.

You can place one zone label automatically with the zone, but you can add as many extra labels as you want, even in sections.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The Zone Label can definitely be used for this too but results in loads of additional layers being created to control their visibility and multiple labels having to be placed. Where the stamp is controlled through Model View Options you can globally apply the settings per view without having to duplicate layers or place additional elements. You can also control the visibility of content within the Zone Stamp based on filters such as renovation status or any other Property.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 28 Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
reidweber
Enthusiast

For me the zone labels will work great, I have layers set up already for specific views like floor plans and reflected ceiling plans so that will work well with my current system. Thank you 

ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x

Setup info provided by author