Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

converting archicad to sketchup file size

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i convert the archicad document to .3ds and bring it into sketchup the file is very slow. Also everything comes in with lots of faces. How can i reduce the file size and prevent this?
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
Carlos this is not a trick nor advanced this is a basic setting that all Doors have in AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Eduardo,

I see your point. It is in fact a a "basic setting", but I meant that making the relation between the image that I posted (what I was trying to model) and the "basic feature" that solves it requires some serious experience. I have used AC for years and I did not know how to solve that...

Still, I am struggling with it. There seems to be some kind of bug in the 3D view. Up to a certain degree angle (in this case 70°), everything is OK. But when I keep on increasing the angle so that the recess occupies the whole wall...

Something strange happens ON THE OTHER SIDE of the window:

[/img]

There is some kind of distortion, but, as you can see, the plan does not show it, only the 3D window.

Any ideas?