cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

importing templates

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering what would be the easiest way to import a template into an existing project? They are both in the ArchiCAD 14 format
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Chris

We'll probably need more information than that. What are you trying to do exactly? Bring in the attributes? Views? Layout book? All of the above?

It may be easier to copy the model into (a copy of) the template...

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I started a small project, but it is involved enough that i don't want to start over. I want to import our office template (or export the model, whichever is easiest) so I have access to our layers settings, title blocks and object libraries.

Thank you
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well you could approach it either way, depending on the size and complexity of the project (eg. How many annotated sections, elevations, details etc).

If it's pretty much just a model with no or few viewpoints, then I would create a copy of the template and copy/paste the whole model in using the thick marquee and all required layers turned on.

Otherwise, I would simply load the required libraries, use attribute manager to import the layers and layer combos and use the project choose and organizer to open the template file and drag and drop all the layouts into your project.

Keep in mind that there are many more attributes than just layers: layer combos, pensets, fills, etc plus dimension standards, mark-up styles, model view option combos, project info, etc. And if you have used layers that are not included in your template you're SOL anyway because they will not be shown in your template layer combos by default , and you'll need to manually adjust each one.

Sounds like you've just touchd the tip of the attribute iceberg, but I'm sure you'll navigate your way through it and come out the other side a little wiser.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Link.

Ps. Hope Jackson Hole is treating you well. I have very fond memories of that town.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. I think i will copy the model and reorganize the layers as needed into the copy of the template file.

Jackson is cold and snowing... and beautiful as ever.