Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

maxonform help

Anonymous
Not applicable
i just got the student version of maxonform for ac10 on my intel mac, and ive already screwed it up. i somehow made it where no mater what mode (move, scale, or rotate) it is set on, it still just rotates the object...any help?
also, whats the best way to learn this thing? is it close enough to C4D that the tutorials for it will help?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
any idea why only certain deformers work? im really having trouble with this program...ive been spoiled by the fact that people actually USE archicad and there is great support to get questions answered...not so much for maxonform...NOBODY ive talked to at graphisoft OR maxon knows how or where i can get help...SUCKS
Snapshot 2007-03-12 21-11-36.jpg
Djordje
Virtuoso
Did you go through the tutorials found here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/maxonform/

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

yes i am currently working on them..but according to their directions the operation shown in the pic i attatched should deform the cube it is parented to
Anonymous
Not applicable
and now to add to it...ANOTHER problem...i cant save files to go back into archicad...i type in the name and location to save something as a gsm and click save, then it just dissapears. is this program supposed to be this tempermental??
Anonymous
Not applicable
aggie463 wrote:
i just got the student version of maxonform for ac10 on my intel mac, and ive already screwed it up. i somehow made it where no mater what mode (move, scale, or rotate) it is set on, it still just rotates the object...any help?
also, whats the best way to learn this thing? is it close enough to C4D that the tutorials for it will help?

Science you can't get maxonform classes I suggest you search for the C4D tutorials, major part will be rendering tricks lessons, but u look for the modeling tutorial. Then play for a couple hours with maxonform and you'll learn basics.

Đoka wrote:
:?:
These are worst tutorials I've ever seen. Common mighty people in graphisoft, put something more useful, you are scaring potential "maxonformers" away.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi aggie , iam a new user of maxonform too, as i have the original version ,but i would like to change information with other maxonform uses , because we have a very short information about the functions of this program, so keep in touch

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
aggie463 wrote:
any idea why only certain deformers work? im really having trouble with this program...ive been spoiled by the fact that people actually USE archicad and there is great support to get questions answered...not so much for maxonform...NOBODY ive talked to at graphisoft OR maxon knows how or where i can get help...SUCKS
Just looking at the image alone isn't really enough to see the issue. Having the scene file would make this a bit easier.

CINEMA 4D and MaxonForm are polygonal modellers, so it's a very different paradigm as your general CAD application. I'll try to explain:

You're dealing with polygons, which means that the deformation can only take place ALONG the edges.
In other words: if you only have one segment along each side of the cube, it cannot bend anywhere (think of an iron rod... if it's not made of several links, but just one piece, you won't be able to bend it).
I'm assuming you made that mistake.

Secondly, the FFD you are using (FreeFormDeformer) will only modify the surface it is covering. The sides that are overlapping in your scene won't be touched.

I'm hoping this helped a bit.

Marco
Anonymous
Not applicable
mtillmann wrote:
aggie463 wrote:
Just looking at the image alone isn't really enough to see the issue. Having the scene file would make this a bit easier.

CINEMA 4D and MaxonForm are polygonal modellers, so it's a very different paradigm as your general CAD application. I'll try to explain:

You're dealing with polygons, which means that the deformation can only take place ALONG the edges.
In other words: if you only have one segment along each side of the cube, it cannot bend anywhere (think of an iron rod... if it's not made of several links, but just one piece, you won't be able to bend it).
I'm assuming you made that mistake.

Secondly, the FFD you are using (FreeFormDeformer) will only modify the surface it is covering. The sides that are overlapping in your scene won't be touched.

I'm hoping this helped a bit.

Marco
Hi Marco , i have read this info , and i found it very interesteing ,i think this will help me a lot , thank you very much .
Anonymous
Not applicable
aggie463, please help me..where did you get the student version of maxonform ac10 for intel based macs???