Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

revit and archicad IFC exchange

Anonymous
Not applicable
both of the softwares can export and import IFC file, but is it ok to open revit ifc file in archicad, vice versa?

how many percentage of accuracy do this action has?
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Angus,

This has been discussed extensively in Data exchange and Information sharing. Please search before posting!

Basically, it depends on the IFC implementation.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks, djordje,

i've read some posts. it seems that archicad is better than revit in IFC.

does it mean archicad can export file to revit, but revit can't open well and revit can export ifc file, but the file is not very good, so archicad can't show the revit model well.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When talking about IFC, I think one needs to consider how well AC or Revit communicate through IFC with other application types such as structural, HVAC or energy analysis application because IFC will mostly be used to communicate with those.
I hope AC is better then Revit in this aspect. I say hope because I personally have no subjective experience, I never tried it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
ya, i also dunno which is better.

that's why i want to know that anybody using AC has experience to cooperate with some company which use revit for the BIM model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is my experience. We work in AC12 and our consultants in Revit, Revit MEP and Revit Structure.

Our exchange with Revit Structure via IFC has been perfect. With MEP we get everything across clearly but we have had trouble exporting/importing two elements : dynamic grids and dynamic annotations.

As far as interface and accessibility goes, AC has a much better interface, explanation and openess to allow you to learn IFC and working with it.. Revit doesnt have such an extensive access mostly because (and i think this is my bias) Autodesk has been too arrogant in thinking everyone will use its programs to actually put time and effort into developing a useable interface for this open source language.

Either way through trial and error we have been able to utilize IFC and exchange and coordinate 3d structure and mep models relatively easily.
Now if I can learn/figure out how to show dynamic text and grids... Id be really happy