BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

turn off autotext in the door schedule thingy?

Anonymous
Not applicable
my employer is insisting i use the absolutely sh1te door scheduling thing within archicad, it has just taken me 2 hours to enter the info for 1 door (i could have done the whole schedule in excel, or on a drawing board the old fashioned way by now).

is there a way to turn off the autotext when typing the info into the boxes, it is driving me insane

i am using archicad 13
13 REPLIES 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, my experience was during the beta phase of AC13, which was then resolved in the final release, at least for me at that time.
But if this is still happening, GS should definitely look into it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have timed how long it takes after entering data into one of the schedule fields, and it is 10 - 20 seconds just for archicad to update its own database.

i am extremely disappointed in how bad this is, considering i am on a high spec pc.

i remember using databases and spreadsheets on windows and non-windows very low spec pc's and the info was almost instantaneous when i entered it into a field.

now we are 20 years on, and graphisoft cant get a fundamental basic thing like this right, bearing in mine the scheduling has been in archicad for many many releases - they should have made it work properly by now (for speed, and for not crashing out and losing data)

i have a few hundred doors on this project, which means the 10-20 second delay on all 18 fields of each door will add approx 1 full day to the time taking me to do the schedule. thats without the time taken for me to input the text.

i think graphisoft need to sort this out as a priority. door/window schedules on some buildings are difficult enough for architects to get their head around all the various aspects - without the software developer making it 10 times harder and VERY IRRITATING TO WORK ON!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There are several Interactive Schedule-related improvements in AC14, including faster generation of Schedules. I don't know exactly how much speed has improved.
But you should check it out when it is released.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
There are several Interactive Schedule-related improvements in AC14, including faster generation of Schedules. I don't know exactly how much speed has improved.
But you should check it out when it is released.
"users can expect important procedures such as generating door schedules to improve by five to six times" as described here:
http://aecmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=354
Learn and get certified!