Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

zone stamp with area in feet & inches

cremsberg
Contributor
I cannot find a control for selecting between feet/inches and metric for area calculation of zones. Is this even possible?
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
cremsberg wrote:
I cannot find a control for selecting between feet/inches and metric for area calculation of zones. Is this even possible?
Look under dimensions, if you have already set the units.

Check how is your dimensioning set saved with your view treating the areas.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
cremsberg
Contributor
Thanks for your suggestions. I’ve gone to Preferences. Under Dimensions, I have made sure that all categories are either feet-inches or decimal feet.
There is not a special category in this window for Zones. Still, my zone stamps show metric.

I did the same thing with Preferences / Calculation Units, making sure all settings were in feet. Still no change to existing zones. However, newly created zones presented as desired, so my problem is solved. Thanks.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Anonymous
Not applicable
You probably need to update the zones (Menu - Design > Update Zones) to get any existing ones to adjust to the new settings. Most zones stamps seem to use an area value (net) that requires the update rather than the one (gross) that updates live.