Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC26 macOS Magic Mouse instability

DGSketcher
Legend

Anyone else noticing instability and their mouse stalling? I am finding times when I can only pan and the mouse won't respond to the ALT change to zoom mode. There are other times when it seems like the mouse has lost focus with current window and it requires a click just to wake up the selection function.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
12 REPLIES 12
Eduardo Rolon

What I am seeing is that the cursor gets stuck in an option like Pipette and it wont return to the pick arrow.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Yes, I am seeing that as well.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I am seeing that too, It happened during Beta and I did report it. If you click whichever modifier key the cursor is stuck in, it normally clears it.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Romans
Expert

I can confirm that behavior too.
After zooming the mouse keeps sticking in the Pan-mode.....
And the zoom is not happening to the place where the cursor is.
🙄

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
Karl Ottenstein

I wonder if this is a Monterey issue?  I still haven't upgraded from Big Sur.  I'm not seeing any issues with my Magic Mouse on 11.6.7

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DGSketcher
Legend

AC25 mouse activity is ok on Monterey, this is a new intrusive problem in 26, no doubt due to restructuring of the code and insufficient real world experience testing as usual.

I’ve managed to get in to the bug reporting system and have asked for an update of when this will be fixed. It’s definitely only affecting AC26, 25 is still fine. I’m running Monterey so I’m not sure if it could also be linked to that. Maybe someone running Big Sur could have a look. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

I borrowed a Magic Mouse and connect it to a Macbook Air having M1 chip. AC26 3001 on Monterey has no problem with zoom/pan operations and the hotkeys respond without any delay. I'm wondering if there is a stable method to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend

@Minh Nguyen I don't think this is one that typical end users will pin down. I have a growing feeling that there are a number of disconnects happening in AC26 - 3010 UKI (macOS) where there is a loss of focus on user input, for instance I had to exit 26 this morning because I spent some time in safari and went back to find the navigator search field wouldn't accept text. I'm pretty sure these mouse input problems are a coding issue that needs some concentrated stress testing at GSHQ using a decent size model to flag up any data delays which may possibly reveal multi core processing not syncing up their results or even something more fundamental.